Wedding Fair at the Vermont.

00:00



My mam is getting married in August. Not so bad except her and her future husband Geoff only decided on it a couple of weeks ago and have now just booked a venue. I’m excited because it means I have something nice to look forward to and I’m also being made chief bridesmaid. Well I guess me and my Auntie Claire are being joint chief as we will be the ones planning most of the things. My mam hasn’t got the time or patience to plan the finer details. I’m just dying to plan the hen do. (Typical bridesmaid talk eh?)

So on Sunday we thought we’d check out the Vermont as they were having a wedding fair and maybe we could all get some ideas about planning the future nuptials.


None of us had been to a wedding fair before so we weren’t sure what to expect.

As soon as we got to the hotel door and saw the red carpet, Claire and I were busy snapping away and talking selfies whilst my mam looked on in joking disgust.

We were met by someone who took us in to the fair and left us to our own devices. We were all a bit unsure at first. People kept assuming I was the bride or Claire and it was slightly awkward. After talking to a few people though we soon got the hang of things.


There were photographers showcasing glossy books of photos, posh invitations and wedding stationary. We just ran straight to the photo booth that was there and started talking selfies with the props. Not the way you should probably behave in a posh hotel but hey.


All of the staff were genuinely lovely. The people that had stands were great too. We saw a couple of ladies doing hair and makeup and it was good just watching them and seeing when they could fit us in for trials. (Nothing’s been booked as of yet but I’m working on it.)


Whilst walking around I got samples of cake, ice cream and chocolate covered strawberries. It was a dream. Pretty much every stand that we came to, if it was edible, I was eating it. 

We finished off in the Sky Lounge. It was deserted except for us which was a good job to be honest as we were getting a bit rowdy from the free Prosecco. Well I'd say mainly them two as I had to go to work afterwards, so wasn't getting tipsy for obvious reasons.

Even if the whole fair had been a sham, just looking at Newcastle from so high up was breathtaking. I love taking photos of the Tyne Bridge and what not, so I was in my element.

Have any of you been to a wedding fair? Any in the North East that you would recommend?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images