Flashback Friday: Three in Paris.

11:21



When: 2007
Where: Paris

Paris was the adventure of three. My mam, my brother and I went over for a few days in the July. At the time I had just finished sixth form, there was probably loads of different things going on. Home stuff as well as life I guess and it was just really great that the three of us got to go together and experience it for ourselves.


 We had the most fantastic time. We stayed close to Charles De Gaulle airport. If I remember correctly it was the Radisson Blu hotel. It was ok, there was a pool which we never visited, and I remember getting back too late one night and not being able to get room service or any other type of food, but apart from that, it was all good. That night was stressful anyways. We had gotten a taxi ride back from somewhere and let’s just say the driver was crazy. I don’t want to experience anything like that again.


This was a kind of independent holiday, being out in the thick of it, having to get metros and ordering food with language barriers. We’d never really done any city break type stuff as of yet. When I say independent I mainly mean my mam. She was great and we would have been screwed without her. It was a little funny at times though. She ordered baguettes for us one day in part Spanish/part French. Even to this day we can’t help taking the mick out of her for it. That right there though was the full holiday (Lots of laughing and being silly.)

This was also the start of the annoying taking photos of the plane wings and the clouds/views below/people eating their in-flight meals/other airplane type things phase, which I still haven’t grown out of.



We did the usual sights. Notre Dame, the Louvre, the flipping too amazing for words Eiffel Tower. I was scared to death. It was so high. I remember going in the little rickety lift type thing (my wording is just top notch) and going even further up. Honestly I was no good.  We went to the Moulin Rouge, ate crepes from every corner we found them, and discovered ‘Paul’ the French bakery for the first time. I was so impressed; I have at least three pictures of myself posing outside of the ones we went to. Every time I see one now I’m reminded of Ole Paris.

Seeing Disney Land for their 15 years celebrations really finished the holiday off.


Trust Disney to make you feel like a little kid again. I loved the rides and the different parts to the park, the enormous teddies in every gift shop. It was a great experience.

The whole Paris trip was really. I’d love to go back. I know I pretty much say that after every post, but I mean it. If I’m writing about somewhere it’s because I loved it and I enjoyed my time there. The whole beauty of it is being able to go back and make some new memories.

At least this time I’ll have a better camera (I know I go on and on about it, but lord the quality of some of the photos is crap. Plus there seems to be so many of me touching inappropriate places on male statues. (I can’t promise if I go back that I won’t do that again though.)

Have any of you been to Paris?

What’s your favourite thing to do there?



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images