Alcohol and Chats at Nine Sports Bar.

12:37

Every time I go to a wedding fair the next logical step is finding somewhere to go after for food/drink. (Both if I can try and a sweet talk my mam haha) I’m not going to lie; the going out afterwards has become just as important as going to the fairs themselves.

This time we decided to go to Nine (or Shearer’s Bar) it was right next to St. James’ Park where the wedding fair was being held at. Plus the weather was on and off, so in the spitting rain, walking a couple of steps next door is better than getting soaked.

I’ve never been to Nine before. On first impressions I’d say it’s a trendy bar. It has lots of muted tones, dark browns and blacks. Exposed brickwork (my favourite kind you know that) I love the striped upholstery on the boxed puffy seats and Shearer’s old shirts hanging up in glass cases. The view outside, although not spectacular was nice once the rain decided to stop for a while.

I didn’t venture around the whole bar. What I did see was a pool table and lots of various styled seating areas. We opted for the setees so we could sit and have a casual chat over some alcoholic beverages.

As soon as we got there (me, my mam and my Aunty Claire) we found a snug little spot and started gossiping about my mother’s upcoming wedding. We only planned to stay for one or two, but you know how it goes.

I worked my way through all of the different Kopparberg drinks on the menu, switching between classic pear and raspberry just to make myself feel a bit more sophisticated. It got to the point when they were going up for more drinks and I had a back log to get through as the new ones arrived. ( I didn’t complain though.)

We ended up staying for food too. This is what we went for:

Chicken Club Sandwich - Classic layered chicken club sandwich served in toasted white bloomer, fries & salad garnish.
Scampi & Chips - Breaded whole tail scampi served with steak cut chips, salad garnish & tartare sauce.
Mexican Chicken Burrito - Spicy mexican chicken wrapped in a floured tortilla topped with
cheese & jalapenos.


They were all £6.95 and to be honest the plates were full of food. I had the chicken club sandwich. I found it a bit dry, but who knows that could have been due to the copious amounts of cider that I had. The chips were tasty though and like I say, the plates were stacked. The presentation was great too.













By the end we were a bit tipsy, but I mean you would probably expect that. We sat and took about fifty selfies of ourselves. It was honestly one of the best afternoons. Not only did we manage to plan some wedding things (mainly the hen do woooo) but we got to just chill and chat which was nice. We never all have the time to really do that. 

I'm just counting down the days to the next wedding fair, because that just means we get to go somewhere else different after.

Have any of you been to Nine Sports Bar before?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images