Flashback Friday: Afternoon Tea at Hotel Indigo.

09:45

When: 2014
Where: Hotel Indigo Newcastle

Last year my friend Steph decided to go for afternoon tea to celebrate her 25th birthday. I guess we all just thought that twenty five year olds are sophisticated and cool and do things like going for afternoon tea and having champagne. (Being twenty six now, I know this isn’t the case.) I’m far from sophisticated, but sometimes I still like to pretend that I could be. I don’t know, whenever afternoon tea is on the cards it always makes me feel like a posh little lady, and there’s cake. I mean who would say no to cake?

We went to Hotel Indigo in Newcastle. It’s the first and only time I’ve been as of yet. The décor inside was plush and posh. Think lots of turquoise and navy, huge arm chairs and groovy patterned carpets. You get to sit in the lobby and wait to be seated. Everything is just light and airy and open. It looks cool and modern, but still quite traditional. Like a stylish, boutique hotel, and somewhere grand to have afternoon tea. The restaurant part is by Marco Pierre White. (How very swish indeed.)  The staff were all very professional and you could just tell that it was a top notch place.

We were greeted and taken over to a nice booth. I remember reading a menu full of lots of different types of tea. I’m not much of a tea drinker, but when I go for afternoon tea I like to have a little drink. None of us got tea though, and instead opted for a glass of the fizzy stuff. I remember later regretting this as I was so thirsty after eating the sandwiches and cakes.

I can’t really remember all of the details of what we ate, but I know Steph got given a nice little cake and ‘Happy Birthday’ written in chocolate which was a nice little touch.  











It’s the only time I’ve been for afternoon tea with chums. I normally just go with my mam. (It's like a little bonding session for us.) It was good going with friends though, and who knows maybe being twenty six will be all about pretending to be sophisticated too.

You can look at the afternoon tea menu for Hotel Indigo here. It's about £17.95 per person. I'd like to go back and try some of their posh teas.

Have any of you been for afternoon tea at Hotel Indigo?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images