Flashback Friday: Tunisia Take Two.

11:52

When: 2014
Where: Tunisia

This is my second Tunisian post. The last one was of the day that my mother and I spent at Port El Kantaoui. This one focusses more on the hotel and the rest of the trip. By that I just mean various pictures of palm trees and beach scenes. (I never tire of looking at nature.)

We stayed at the Iberostar Diar El Andalous hotel when we were there holidaying last October. It was just the two of us that went to have a little mother/daughter time and just relax and not have to worry about anything. 

I remember as soon as we got there we were ushered into a posh drawing room type place with lots of plush setees and chairs overlooking the indoor pool area. We got given a nice fruity cocktail too. I was so excited haha. I spent most of my holiday in that pool doing lengths and just acting like a fish. (I love swimming and would gladly stay in the pool 24/7 if my skin didn’t turn into a prune.)

We spent the rest of our time sun worshipping next to our room. We were downstairs in a secluded corner so we pretty much had the space to ourselves. I don’t know about you but I hate majorly crowded areas. Add a bikini into the mix and I pretty much have heart palpitations.

The food was great. I’m not going to lie, the desserts were what I got most excited about every night. They had amazing little cakes and the most amazing pistachio ice cream. Every day I would check to see if they had it I liked it that much. (You could imagine my disappointed face when they swapped it for strawberry or whatever.)

One day we got up extra early to go and watch the sun rise. It was gorgeous just sitting on the beach and taking in the view. Maybe its more of a romantic thing to do with your partner, but my mam and I liked it nonetheless. We also swam in the sea early and watched the little fish swim around us.













It really was just a chance to sit and read or eat. Take walks along the beach and generally just relax and not think about anything. There was also a gorgeous tiled room in the hotel which you could smoke in. You could get shisha pipes too. There were tiled seats and little wicker cushions. It was totally Tunisian and I loved going to it everyday to escape the sun and just look at the pretty patterns.

This was the first time it was just me and my mam. I think we are going to make it a regular thing. Sometimes life is busy and its nice to just take a week, or even a few days to chill and catch up with those nearest and dearest to you. I guess I best get planning the next trip now.

Have any of you been to Tunisia?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images