A Sunday Stroll: Around the Lake.

02:01

Casual Sundays are what it’s all about. Well some weeks anyways. I love lazy Sundays when you can just chill in your jarmies and watch trashy TV whilst munching on chocolate. (Hope I’ve set the scene a bit for you there.) When you have a dog though, you still have to take them out. I mean if they got on board with the whole Sunday lounging about ritual that would be grand too, but sadly they don’t.

Sometimes a nice little stroll in the sunshine is just as good; I mean the TV is still going to be there when you get back. Plus you never know how long the sun is going to be around for, so it’s best to just get out there while it’s here.

I took Poppy up to the lake next to where we live and we pottered about. I was taking photos whilst she sniffed every tree/shrub/bush/slither of grass in sight. I love walking around here, now its spring getting to summer time; grass has started to appear where there was just dirt roads. There’s a hill beside the lake and I love climbing half way up, plonking my bum down and just sitting for a bit watching the ducks in the water or listening to the birds. Hell, even watching Poppy run around like a crazy beast is better whilst sat there.

The tadpoles are out now too which I love. My friend Nic is obsessed with them; we scoop them out and watch them swim about in our hands before putting them back. It’s great when they turn into little frogs and you see them hopping about. Not so great when you're trying not to step on them or crush them with the wheels of your car. (Froggy massacre.)


I’d take bread for the ducks too if I could but one, I think they are supposed to have proper duck food (pellets) and two, it’s like a game, when you go to one side of the lake they swim to the other. It probably doesn’t help that Poppy chases them.

I like just walking about and watching Poppy playing with sticks and going in the water. I like it even more when I can get a couple of cheeky pics.













I don't get to take her out as much as I used to. I work a bit more and she also goes to doggy day care. A lovely lady called Ali from Barking Avenue comes and takes her out with a few other dogs. Ali works with her brother Chris and they are both lovely. She's told us Poppy is quite popular and has loads of mates. I know she loves going which is great. You can see her little tail going when we tell her that Ali is coming for her. 

I like just having a few hours for us two though, to muck about and go exploring. Jees sometimes I sound like a six-year-old instead of a twety-six-year-old. Haha never mind.

How do you like to spend your Sundays?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images