Golfing at Close House. (Day 2)

00:00

Sunday was the last day of the PGA Seniors Championship Tour at Close House in Newcastle. You can check out my antics from Saturday here.

We arrived a little later than the previous day, but our main goal unlike yesterday was to pick a group of players and follow them around the course. We went for the group which was mainly leading that consisted of Fowler, Mason and Golding. Fowler went on to win and Mason and Golding finished in the top five, so not too shabby at all. We caught them at the 9th hole and they were just putting as we arrived.

It was a total different atmosphere to Saturday. When you follow a certain player or players you get to see their performance throughout the course and you feel more attached. (Not in a creepy stalker way.) You just get to witness their shots, when they go into the bunker, or nearly get a whole in one. It’s thrilling to watch at times and it’s all the better when you know who’s actually holding the golf club. It also cool being with lots of other people and travelling from course to course with them.

Today I was much more impressed with Close House too. My mam and I took a little break from the crowd and walked next to what I’m guessing is the club house or one of the club houses. There was a gorgeous looking lake with a bridge going over it. It was filled with flowers and lily pads and swans and their babies just swimming about. There was a little rowing boat tied up at the side too. It was a great spot for some photo taking put it that way. I could have sat there all day just taking it all in.

There were a few statues of horses about too which I took a few cheeky snaps of.

We followed the players until hole 13 which probably doesn’t sound like a lot, but there’s plenty of walking up and down various sized hills. There’s just mounds everywhere, lots of people were falling on the slippery grass. It's all part of the experience though.


We went for hot chocolates and took up our spot next to hole 18. It seems to be a favourite of ours. We didn’t watch until the end, but it was still great seeing the various players take their turns. 











All in all I loved going to Close House to watch the golf. It was my first time seeing in not on TV and I think after this I'd love to go to more golfing events. This was a great one to get me started as there wasn't hoards and hoards of people there.

Wherever I go next time, I think I'll make sure to brush up on my knowledge of the players, and I'll definitely take a picnic or a blanket to sit on. You live and you learn.

Did any of you watch the PGA Seniors Championship Tour at Close House?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images