A Day in Whitby.

13:45

The other day someone on Facebook added pictures from a trip to Whitby and immediately I knew I just had to go. I went along with my family and our dog Poppy for the day. My best friend Nic came too, but she’s family anyways…

Whitby is a seaside town in the Borough of Scarborough and English County of North Yorkshire. All you need to know is how stunning the place is. It's postcard perfect if I'm being honest. Just don't do what we did and go smack bang in the middle of the day, on a Saturday, on one of the hottest days of the year, in the kids' holidays. Yeah, the sheer amount of people around was overwhelming. I think it freaked Poppy out a bit. None of that could take away any of the shine from the place though.

As soon as we got out the car and I saw the boats docked in the marina, I fell in love. The water was a gorgeous blue colour, there were people with buckets fishing for crabs. There was just a nice buzz about the place. Seagulls squawking everywhere you went.

We walked along one of the piers and went to the beach for a bit to let the dog have a bit of a breather. We passed a lovely little cove and I’m not kidding the water looked so inviting. I could have definitely gone for a swim.

I love looking at all of the little buildings and cottages that were around. I think it looks amazing when they are in the background and you can see the water in front of them. We saw lots of holiday rentals and I think we're all convinced that we want to go back and maybe stay for a couple of nights.

We went for fish and chips. I’m not going to lie, it wasn't the nicest place, but when you’re hungry you’ll eat anywhere. The chips didn't taste too bad though. I didn't care anyways as I was saving myself for ice cream afterwards.

Teare Woods, a luxury ice cream parlour, which I had already scouted out on the internet the night before. My God it didn't disappoint. For everywhere being so busy we managed to just slip right in and order without any queuing. I went for two scoops of ice cream, bubblegum and cotton candy. Just thinking about it is making me jealous that I can’t eat it again. I went for flavours that I’d never tasted before. They were so smooth and delicious, the cotton candy one had little marshmallow pieces in it too. It was a struggle leaving a couple of spoonfuls for Poppy as it tasted to nice. I think it was about £3.50 for two scoops which isn't bad at all when its such good quality.

















We decided to leave the Abbey as the thought of going up the 199 steps to get to it was daunting to say the least. Plus when we go back we have something else to explore. I noticed a Bram Stoker type museum too which I’d definitely like to have a gander at.

All in all it was such a good day out. Sometimes you see photos of places and they never look as good in person. Whitby was even better, a true gem and I can’t wait to go back and have another look around.

Have any of you been to Whitby?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images