Town End Farm: Exploring Appleton le Moors.

00:33


For my friend Laura’s hen do, thirteen of us packed up and headed to Town End Farm in Appleton Le Moors, where a gorgeous house, The Long Barn, was waiting for us. A magnificent open plan, tall ceiling, little taste of luxury to home us for the long bank holiday weekend.

It was the perfect place for bra pong (oh so fun, you have to try it) amazing assault courses and other bridal games. Louise, the Chief, did an absolutely fabulous job of organising everything, and it was a truly mint (bit of Geordie twang) weekend.

Beyond that though I took some time out to go and explore the village with my pal Nic. The place is small that’s for sure, but it’s oh so picturesque and just brimming with charm and character. 

Note: The photo above isn't The Long Barn, its a nearby property. I just love the garden and the facade, so why not take a photo?


One thing it takes a little while to get used to is the sheer amount of sheep everywhere. I’m talking, just walking and bleating beside you as you’re strolling down the street. Following you along, scaring the crap out of you at times. It’s an amazing thing and when I got home I definitely missed seeing them around.


The Village Hall really captured my eye. It was built in 1867, a grade II listed building that used to be a school. The gardens looked inviting and I could imagine community projects taking place within it's gated surrondings.


You can't possibly walk by without taking a picture of a good old fashioned pillar box red phone booth. Well at least I can't anyways. Wherever I go, if I spot one, I'm clicking away before I realise. Maybe it's a British thing?


The sun kissed street was lined with beautiful house after beautiful house. They were all individually named, all unique in their own way. I could have filled this post with glorious door knockers and stunning flowered gardens alone, but I'd be here forever. 

They just give me a sense of peace and fulfillment. Like I could imagine myself settled down, old and happy, pottering about tweaking my rose bushes or something. (That's not a weird euphemism or anything.)


There's studios, a church and of course a pub, The Moors Inn. (We went there for a meal on one of the nights and the food was delicious)  Appleton Le Moors is a lovely place and I could have spent more time just walking around and exploring. It has a real community feel and everyone you passed would smile and wave. Shouts of hello echoing through the street.

We ventured past civilisation and headed further afield towards the greenery of the countryside. (The sheep following us along) Of course I have a whole other post on that, so come back tomorrow to find out what happened.

Have any of you been to Appleton le Moors?


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images