Snowdogs and The Quayside at Night.

00:52


It’s been a while since I went to the Quayside and took some night-time photos. The quality of them last time wasn’t the best so I wanted to see if a better camera would do the trick. I went with Lillian for a quick dash around before we went to see Birdy perform at Sage Gateshead (She was amazing if you’re wondering.)

The Baltic is a beautiful building and I love the way the doorway is framed and the light box sign. It seems sixties to me almost, if that makes any sense. Like dark wooden paneling and the font together give off a vibe. (Yeah I'll stop there.)


I’ll never tire of seeing the Millennium Bridge, even now when I walk on it, It freaks me out going over the grated side and being able to see the water below. I just can’t help it. When the wind picks up and it shakes that doesn’t help either. There’s always people nearby and budding photographer’s trying to get the perfect shot. I love how the lights change colour and it can be red one moment and green the next. On a clear night there is nothing better.

I'm also on the hunt for Snowdogs, so the fact there are just three hanging around the Quayside made me giddy with excitement. (I'm definitely a child at heart.)



I found Tyne Tail Jack and Snowberry right beside the bridge. Then I found Hadrian's Hound - 'Amicus Optimus' beside Broad Chare. I love looking for them and it’s definitely made me explore a lot of places that I'd never seen before. Definitely great for a wannabe tourist.


The Quayside Seaside looked eerie as we were passing it. Gone were the happy kids making sandcastles. It just doesn’t have the same appeal all covered in darkness. I liked the way the beach huts looked though and it made me remember that I didn’t even visit it this year, not once. 


Chance are you’ll find some nice luxurious yacht docked up by the side of the water. I saw a few, but it was this little boat that caught my eye. I love seeing little unique boats with their own charm and character just sitting bobbing in the water. You try to get a sense of what the owner is like and what they like to do on their boat. (I’m not talking Dexter vibes or anything) Just people sitting in little fishing boats trying to catch some bait or something. 



We walked along to the Tyne Bridge and then went back along and up to the Sage. You can get some great views from higher up. All of the buildings lit up against the side of the Tyne. It's quite spectacular. I bet watching a sunrise or sunset would be pretty darn special.

You could imagine my delight when I spotted another couple of doggy statues up at the Sage.





Ziggy was just outside one of the entrances and Disco Dog was just inside. Disco Dog has to be the best one I've seen so far. It's covered in small mirrored pieces and even has it's own podium. That in my eyes means it deserves two photos (at least)

On a cold Autumn night, sure it's nice to sit in and get warm and cosy beside the fire, it's also great to just go out and do a bit of exploring. Wrap up warm, put your favourite scarf on and just have a little wander. The box sets and jarmies will still be waiting for you when you return. The Snowdogs are gone in a couple of weeks so if that's not ammunition enough for you, I don't know what is.

How many Snow Dogs have you spotted?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images